The real test for recruiting firms is to find the right candidates for the position. An employment agency will source hundreds of potential candidates for a position and will be required to apply a variety of tools to assess if an individual is a right fit for the job. This will require expert analysis of not just the educational qualification of a candidate, but also their work experience and skills to take the right decisions if the position has decision making roles attached to them. Hence, before making decisions, business owners and hiring managers need to ask the right questions to themselves, are you hiring the right candidate for the position? Do you need the assistance of a professional headhunter?
There may be several ways to assess if you are assessing the right candidate;
- Many Executive recruiting firms have started using computer algorithm technology to undergo career assessment and talent assessment of candidates. This provides scores based on certain predefined criteria.
- Provide candidates with real-time situations to make a personality assessment and note their responses during the interview
- Not just assess a candidate’s experience and skills, but their attitude, motivation, and attitude towards a job or team.
- Expert recruiters look for communication skills too. Many cross-border teams require bilingual candidates who are fluent in more than two languages so that communication with virtual teams can become easier.
- Look for acute problem-solving skills and adoption mechanisms.
- Assess future aspirations.
- Finally, engage in pre-hire assessments to see if a candidate can fit your culture and team expectations.
Hiring professionals may be aware of how human resource theories such as Maslow’s hierarchy of needs can be applied before hiring the right candidate. However, it is a well-known fact that in current times, only education and experience might not be suitable benchmarks, and human potential, creativity, and intelligence may be the key to a successful placement.