The pressure on you as a leader of your organization has never been greater. Executives and Human Resources professionals are expected to achieve business results in constantly changing and increasingly challenging business environments. As organizations respond to the competitive demands of today’s economy, greater agility is required of the individuals leading the organization.
As dramatic changes work their way through the economy, senior leaders face difficult choices in confronting higher expenses and news of a global downturn:
- Should we cut prices to maintain market share?
- How deeply can we cut costs?
- What about layoffs?
- How can I hire the right people to emerge from the end of the downturn on an upturn?
Leadership can be tested severely during downturns, and there are no easy answers. Past downturns in our economy have taught leaders to:
- Narrow the Focus to provide the greatest value for key customers by ensuring that resources and capabilities are efficiently deployed
- Bring People Together to counter the internal competitiveness and defensiveness that often accompany belt-tightening efforts
- Manage the Temperature to establish a climate in which employees address difficult issues that may have been hidden in easier days
Applying these lessons promises a tremendous upside: uncovering new competitive opportunities that result in a stronger business when the economy improves.
CMA Midwest and our team of experts are available to help you with all of your talent needs, Hiring, Engagement, Retention and if needed Transition. Be well every one!